Friday, June 20, 2008

More Blurt

Hair
I didn't bother styling my hair this morning, and consequently I look like some poorly-drawn cartoon character.

Catnip
In an attempt to connect with Momma cat, I made a catnip pillow and tentatively (lest I lose a hand) pushed it toward her under the bed. At first she ignored it, but within a few minutes she was ripping into that thing like a lion tearing into an antelope. Maybe she was pretending it was me.

Oh, and Momma has a white tip on the end of her tail. I've had these fosters for a week now, and last night was the first time she revealed enough of herself for me to see the tip of her tail. Sigh.

Squash
Squash is one of those foods that taste totally disgusting, but in such a mild way that it's hard to get too pissed off about it. See also: Zucchini, Sweet Potatoes.

The Long Walk
So, watching "The Mist" got me thinking about my favorite Stephen King book. Which has to be "The Long Walk", hands down. Now technically I think it's a novella, and I think he wrote it under Richard Bachman. Oh, here it is. And this is not a "horror" novel (King's usual genre), so don't be put off by that. Second-favorite Stephen King? "The Stand".

Recently Seen
Sign by the side of the road: "Welders for Sale. Inquire Within." Hmmmmm........

Ramblin' On
I've got to stop posting these random, meandering entries. I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney. Or Seinfeld. Or just a poorly written, ill-constructed blog. Heh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember Binkley from Bloom County? I usually get Binkley hair on my bad days.

Catnip. Good idea, but it does ramp up some cats rather than stoning them out.

Welders? The welders around here are nothing you'd want to even rent by the hour, but maybe they are different down there.

rockygrace said...

Oh, I'd totally settle for Binkley's hair ..... mine looks more like Bill the Cat's.

And yeah, I thought some catnip might mellow her out. FAIL.

You know, some of the welders/tradesmen around here are actually pretty hot, but they have one fatal flaw .... if they're not actually working, they're drunk off their asses. Not hot.