Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Blurt

Yum-MAY!
I picked wild strawberries out of the side yard to have with my ice cream last night. Hello, summer! Unfortunately, I then had to turn on the furnace. Because, hello, fifty degrees!

America's Got Talent
I know, I KNOW, I just caught a teeny portion whilst flipping channels, honest! Although I am not ashamed to admit that I may be watching vast swathes of this show later in the summer, because reruns of "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" get kind of tiresome after a while, although I am eagerly awaiting the "very special episode" when Jon pisses off Kate one time too many and she guts him like a fish.

OK, so back to the talent show. They had a couple of guys playing the violin, and all I could think of was that song from the movie 1776, "He Plays the Violin". I will admit to having a girl crush on Blythe Danner in that movie. Oh, and that movie! I loved that movie! Oh, and that song, Momma Look Sharp: "Momma, hey momma, come lookin' for me"....... (SOB). Sorry. If you've never seen it, you have NO IDEA what I'm talking about here.

Momma Cat
Momma is now giving me a baleful stink-eye, as opposed to cowering in abject terror, whenever I peer underneath the bed to talk to her. Progress?

Baby Cats
One of them made it almost to the top of the scratching post last night. Another developmental milestone!

FAIL!
My doctor called yesterday - I flunked the bone density test. The easiest test in the entire world, and I flunked it. The good news is, instead of going to summer school, I just have to double up on my calcium.

"God! I think they're attracted to the light!"
Really?! Really?! Thanks, Einstein! They are GIANT INSECTS, after all!

I watched "The Mist" last night. If you haven't seen it yet, please do. I enjoyed the shit out of this movie. (Don't worry: No spoilers ahead. And please don't leave any spoilers in the comments; my other reader (heh) may not have seen it yet.) Even though the special effects were sometimes laughable and the plot had more holes than swiss cheese, I found this movie oddly compelling. I just couldn't stop watching. It was based on an old short story by Stephen King, back when he could actually write a damn fine story instead of going over the same boring ground (famous author in peril! Oh noes!) over and over again.

ANYWAY! Even if you don't like it, although I think you will, please, please stick with it till the end. The ending of this movie will kick your butt. Seriously. Must see. I can't remember the last time the ending of a movie ......... ok, stopping there. Watch it. Trust me.

SO! That's what's going on in my neck of the woods. What's up with you?


1 comment:

Poetry Echoes said...

Kate already nearly guts poor Jon like a fish. I'll be watching for that special episode now too!