Monday, June 09, 2008

Random Weekend Stuff

I sat in the sun, in 92-degree heat, for five hours on Saturday at the festival and did not sell one blessed photograph. Throwing in the towel, I am.

On the plus side, I put up a poster with Momma and Baby and their adoption info, and that drew lots of interest. More interest than my photos did. Ha!

My peonies are blooming! Likewise the iris, and the poppies, and the columbine. I think the heat prompted everything to pop at once.

My mother's cat, Tinker, passed away. He was 15. My mom (who has Alzheimer's) informed me that my sister TIB killed him. Possible? Oh yes. Likely? Not very. (Oh, and Listie, if you're reading, we went to Pete's Legacy Diner on Old Vestal Road on Sunday. Do you ever go there? Hint: avoid the Greek omelet. Also, see the comments down below in the Kool-Aid Pie post for the location of the Parkway Diner.)

I woke up this morning with a huge bruise on the bottom of my foot. You'd think an incident that could inspire such a bruise would be memorable, but I have no idea how I got that bruise. Whaaaa?

Oh, and the AC in the car conked out yesterday. Don't ever buy a Saturn .......

6 comments:

listie said...

Craft shows are so iffy. Is there a craft co-op you could join?

Oh,Baby......I miss her. I hope she's been adopted by someone who adores her.

My flowers are going nuts, too. That is the ones the fat assed woodchuck and the dumb assed deer haven't gotten. Who knew woodchucks would eat poppy buds? And something ate every.single.one of my rose buds. The whole yard got a good spraying with putrid animal-be-gone spray.

Sorry about your Mom's cat. It's always hard to lose them, but I imagine it's even worse when your understanding is compromised.

(No, I've never been to Pete's.)

Hmm, mystery bruises...very strange.

rockygrace said...

Listie, going back to the "Kool-Aid Pie" comments, I'm confused. Do you take your Mom to the Skylark or the Parkway Diner? And yes, we should definitely get together sometime!

And the woodchuck ate your poppy buds? Really? You've got some badass wildlife out your way!

listie said...

Parkway Diner. I haven't been to the Skylark in at least 35 years (boy am I old). We didn't go there much anyway. As kids we went to the hamburger place on the parkway, behind the high school - I can't remember the name of it.

rockygrace said...

The last time I went to the Skylark, a couple of years ago, we waited for over half an hour for our (diner) food and finally gave up and left. I should probably give them another shot, but there's plenty of other diners out there.

The Burger King on the Parkway used to be a Carroll's - that's where we went for lunch in high school. Did you go to Vestal (high school)?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
listie said...

Okay, let's try this again (had to delete the previous comment)

Carroll's! That's it! I've been trying all day to remember that. And, yeah, I went to VCHS - a million years ago.