Monday, June 03, 2013

Random notes from while I've been away



Overhead in Walmart:  "Kayak?  KAYAK?!  I've got FIVE KIDS! What would I do with a KAYAK?!"  I couldn't help bursting out laughing.  Thankfully, the woman who made the comment did as well - for a minute there, I thought she might punch me.

I was in Walmart to buy flowers.  When ill, flowers are always in order.  I got some petunias, a white peony, and a gorgeous red lily.  Now I've just gotta get them in the ground. 

Every time I call my doctor's office, my "Primary Care Physician" has been called away on a "family emergency".  Puh-lease. The only way that dude could have more "family emergencies" would be if his last name was Kardashian.

Little League season in the park next door is almost over.  Thank God.  If that baseball mom in the gigantic red SUV parked in my front yard one more time, I was gonna punch her. Or key her monsta-mobile.  Either one.

It's funny how an illness will suck the strength right outta ya.  I mean, my intestines are a mess, but the rest of me is theoretically fine, so why am I so weak?

Angelina Jolie going public with her double mastectomy?  Awesome.  Michael Douglas going public with "Cunnilingus gave me throat cancer"?  Doesn't have the same zing, somehow. 

Because I have NO IDEA where I picked up the c-diff, now EVERYPLACE is subject.  I was thinking about stopping at the store and picking up a donut this morning, then I was all, like, "What if the dude piping the filling into the donuts has c-diff?"  Fresh fruit is pretty much out of the question.  Who KNOWS how many people touched that fruit before I bought it?  *shudder*  And I'm pretty sure I'll use a public restroom again ... never.  I will walk outside of a store and pee in the got-dam parking lot before I ever, ever use a public restroom again.

I'm still struggling with the fact that I watched an entire episode of "America's Next Top Baker" (or whatever the hell it's called) last night, followed by a chaser of "Long Island Princesses".  I ... have no explanation.  I think the c-diff has gone to my brain.  I can think of no other earthly reason for why I would find Jeff Foxworthy not only tolerable but actually mildly entertaining. 









6 comments:

the queen said...

I know when my exhaust system is screwed up I eat extra because everything is moving through my system too fast. Maybe you need some fuel?

rockygrace said...

queen, yeah, I really need to get back to some sort of regular eating schedule. Today my diet consisted of strawberries and pistachio nuts - the only things that sounded palatable to me. *sigh* Yesterday it was scrambled eggs (shared with the cats).

p.s. I'm glad you made it through the storms.

fmcgmccllc said...

My doctor explained the blood/nerve supply to the gastro area as only second to the brain. When it is messed up that is a lot of energy to keep it running, no pun intended. I remember times when I could not eat certain foods for years-turned my stomach at the thought. I got by for years with a bag of peanuts in my purse and one in the car just to keep my blood sugar level even when I could not eat other foods.

James P. said...

Reading about C Diff tells us that a small percentage of the population has the bacteria for it naturally residing in their gut.....It makes a problem only when antibiotics wipe out the normal gut flora that keep the c diff bacteria at bay. My understanding is that you didn't pick it up somewhere.....You were given a super antibiotic that caused the helpful gut flora to croak. My husband had similar circumstances after being put on an antibiotic for a month. Never again. (Please don't go to the bathroom in the parking lot.) Ya might wanta read up on this now....we know that you didn't want to earlier.

James P. said...

P.S. Silk TRIED to enlighten you on the disgusting disease a few days ago. Maybe you were just squinting your eyes and holding your ears humming loudly because you didn't want the info. It's still there. (And, you're going to let us know when we remind you too much of bossy big sisters, right? Cuz I can quit any time, though it would be hard.)

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., for the time being, I've decided to throw "balanced diet" out the window. If it tastes good, I'm eatin' it. Sadly, scrambled eggs are still in the lead in the "tastes good" territory. WHY COULDN'T IT BE DONUTS?

and Ginny, information is good. I just tend to get overwhelmed. And some information is flat-out bullsh*t - the idea that if you use mouthwash while taking Flagyl, you'll become violently ill, for example. Of course, we both know that I tested that theory with booze instead of mouthwash, but same diff. ;)

p.s. LAY OFF ME, PEOPLE, IT WAS HALF A BEER FOR GOD'S SAKE.