Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Four



It was four years ago today that I quit smoking.  You can read about it here, and here, and here.

Number of cigarettes I would have smoked between April 3, 2009 and today, had I not stopped smoking on that date: 43,800.00. (!)

Amount of money saved:  $7,811.00. (Just to clarify: I smoked cheap cigs I bought on line. Had I been buying name-brand smokes at the 7-11, that number would have easily been double. And using today's cost-per-pack, you could almost triple that amount).  I used a figure of $3.56 a pack, since that's what my cigs cost at the time I quit.

Gosh, has it really been four years already?  My, time does fly.

4 comments:

Zella said...

That's pretty amazeballs - congratulations, well done !

fmcgmccllc said...

Wow, $3.56 a pack, WTF, although the smokes in China were about a quarter a pack.

Congratulations, you are my inspiration.

rockygrace said...

... and to think I owe it all to Ashton Kutcher ...


(back when I was first thinking about quitting, and looking into methods/costs/etc., Ashton Kutcher was all over the place talking about how he used the Allen Carr/Easy Way method to quit. When I found out that I could buy a used copy of Carr's book on Amazon for less than ten bucks, I decided to give it a shot. So thanks, Ashton! Even though I still think you're kind of a jerk.)

Birdie said...

That is totally awesome and something to be very proud of! Yay!