Monday, April 08, 2013

Stuff I did this weekend



Bought a brand-new pair of shoes!   Brand new!  Not from the thrift store!  (Disclaimer:  They were on final clearance and cost me all of four bucks.  But they're brand new!)

Spent a few hours at the adoption center, which included showing a cat to Ken and Barbie.  Seriously, this young couple came in who were impossibly good-looking.  I'm used to seeing pretty women, but this dude was model material.  Whoooo-eeeee.  And all I could think of was, "If I was dating someone that good-looking, I'd be constantly wondering if he was cheating on me."  But I guess when two members of a couple are equally stunning, it ... negates the beauty?  I don't know.

Went on a couple of long-ass walks, the second of which kicked my butt.  Which kind of confirms my theory that the only thing the Jillian workouts prepare you for are the Jillian workouts themselves.

Emptied the garage gas can into the car, then filled up the can with fresh gas for the season.  Lawn-mowing time is coming, folks.  *shudder*

Put my winter clothes up in the attic, which pretty much guarantees a snowstorm some time in the next few days.

Monkeyed with the deer netting. Those a**hole deer have figured out that if they step on the netting, they can eat the plants through the mesh.  Dear Deer:  I hate you.

Chatted on the phone with my brother. 

Put out the garden statuary, including the plastic deer and lamb planters, which go out by the mailbox.  I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm mentally disabled.

Ran around the back yard dragging willow branches for the cats to chase.  Yeah, mentally disabled it is.

Watched the cats wrassle.  It's all fun and games until somebody starts yowling.

Oh lord, I skipped "Sixty Minutes" in order to watch "Welcome to Myrtle Manor."  There is no redemption for that, I fear.



How about you guys?  Any big doings this past weekend?

2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

And how was Myrtle Manor?

rockygrace said...

God help me, that show fascinates me.