Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mr. DeMille, we're ready for our close-ups now ...



Meet Bianca:


Boots:



Smoky:



Sweetie:



Buster:



and Sparky!:



Yeah, it's a little busy around my place this week.

Sweetie was originally going to be called "Sugar", but the higher-ups said that sounded like a prostitute's name (!), so Sweetie it is.  And the litter's owners were calling Sparky "Star", but I thought that sounded like a "girl cat" name (think "Star Jones"), so I chose "Spot", but the powers-that-be said that sounded like a dog name, so I went with "Sparky".  See how complicated this whole naming-thing is?  I'm still saving your excellent suggestions (I've got 'em a spreadsheet) for future litters. 

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Miley and Shy (now back to her original name of Hannah - "Shy" got nixed by the higher-ups.  GEEZ.) are currently the stars of the show at the adoption center.  Once they get adopted, which will be SOON (knock on wood), the Spectacular Six will start taking their turns as adoption center stars.  Until then?  It's six-kitten circus in my spare room.  Rock on, leetle kittens!






7 comments:

Birdie said...

Yikes! What a rigmarole! Don't owners usually change their names anyway?

rockygrace said...

Yes, Birdie. Yes they do. Sometimes before they leave the store. :)

It's complicated! We try to give them appealing names, without anything too obscure, dated, or hard to pronounce. And we can't use the same name more than once every several years, to avoid record-keeping mix-ups.

and yep, in the end? They get renamed anyway. Hey, we try.

James P. said...

Was wondering how the heck you knew which one was which....but I see from Mr. DeMille's closeups that they each have a difference. Way to torture your readers...with closeups.....when we can't pet them cyber-ly (?).

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Oh how adorable are they??

(btw, do you know you have word verification on your comments? a lot of people will not comment when they see that because they have such a hard time with it)

rockygrace said...

Ginny, you go like this: *pet**pet**pet* :)

And Tails, yeah, I know on the word verification. If I pull it, I get spam-bombed.

Becs said...

I want Smoky and Sparky. Truly. I wish I could.

rockygrace said...

Aren't they sweet, Becs?