Wednesday, April 24, 2013

According to the Rocky Code ...



Okay, first off, I mowed for the first time this season last night, which is kind of a yay!/dammit occasion.  Yay! because the mower actually started, and dammit because here we go with six months' worth of lawn mowing.

So!  I was watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding last night (don't JUDGE) (hell, I don't care, go ahead and judge), and the narrator was talking in hushed tones about the "Gypsy Code".  It involved some elaborate bullsh*t about challenging an insulter of your honor to a fistfight or some such similar ridiculousness, but it got me thinking.  What would be included in the "Rocky Code"?

Hmmm.


Do not be the first person on your block to mow in the spring.  Also do not be the last.

It's okay to be an assh*le to some people (if they've screwed you over first), as long as you're nice to most people.

If you are an employer, it's acceptable to blow off Administrative Professionals Day (which is TODAY, by the way) (*cough*), as long as you treat your administrative professionals fairly and pay them a decent wage. 

If you are an old person, you should only expect to get the respect you have earned.  No more, no less.

Rinse off the dirty dishes when you put them in the sink.  Christ.  Similarly, put down the toilet lid.  Do not drink milk out of the carton, unless you live alone.  Do not put a container back in the fridge with one spoonful of food left in it.  We're not savages, here.

It's cool to dress eclectically.  It's not cool to dress like a circus clown, unless you actually ARE a circus clown.


Okay, guys, I am working on extreme sleep deprivation here (see:  six kittens.  I happened to glance in the bathroom mirror last night, and I was, like, is that MASCARA smeared under my eyes?  No, no, it was dark no-sleep circles.  Kittens are so much fun, but SO exHAUSTing), so how about you?  Any additions to the Code?



4 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

There is no good reason to walk around with your mobile phone in your hand. Nope, never.

James P. said...

To fmcgmccllc: But....what if you are in a store with REALLY LOUD OBNOXIOUS MUZAK and you are expecting a call or call back???? You'd have to see the phone! (Please say "OK")

To Rocky: Honey, the sleep dep is showing big time.

fmcgmccllc said...

To James P.: That is why there is vibrate, clothes have pockets, or maybe that call or message is just not that important. Wear the earpiece.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., agreed.

and Ginny, I keep TRYING to get to bed earlier, but it is proving to be impossible. Must ... play with ... kittens ...

Oh, and I'm spending extra time with my perma-cats, as well - I don't want them to feel deprived. "GOD! She spends all her time in the damn KITTEN room!"

And I'm mowing, and working on landscaping, and ... you know the one thing that got emphatically kicked to the curb due to time restraints?

JILLIAN.

And I actually feel AWFUL about it. I LOVE my mushy six-pack abs and my pathetic little biceps. There are just not enough hours in the day.

But ~~Silk, rest assured that I will be using your maintenance exercises. I CANNOT totally lose my abs.