Monday, April 15, 2013

And the names are ...

... none of the ones you guys suggested.

*ducks*

Seriously, those are all GREAT names, and I plan on using them for future fosters (there are three more in the pipeline right now ... ), but I had an idea for these two.

I was doing to name them Miley and Hannah, for, well, Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana, and TRUST ME, I can see your eye-rolls from HERE, but hear me out.  Kittens with names that appeal to the tween demographic actually tend to get adopted faster than cats with "regular" names.  And with Kitten Season nigh upon us (see the afore-mentioned cats in the pipeline), we need to move some cats, to put it bluntly.

So ANYway, I was thinking Miley and Hannah.  And the white-pawed cat is DEFINITELY a Miley, and by that, no, I do not mean that she is doing age-inappropriate things and sending the cell-phone pics to her friends, but just that she (the kitten) is outgoing and friendly.  But Kitten No. 2?  Miss gray paws?  Not a Hannah.  Not a performer.  Just shy, shy, shy.

So I'm going to call her Shy.  Miley and Shy.

*ducks*

And I would LOVE to tell you all the story of picking up Miley and Shy yesterday, and the ... house they were living in, but I cannot.  Let's just say that this family has a BUNCH of cats, and kittens, and dogs, and no plans to get anybody spayed or neutered, which, just .... GRRR.  And the environment was ... not ideal.  I mean, this morning, when I was finally able to pick up Shy and get a good look at her, I discovered that she has a solid mass of scabs on her throat - the area is not tender and seems to be healing well, but I was all, "What on earth happened to this CAT?", when I remembered the family laughing as they told me about how their DOGS liked to pick up the kittens in their MOUTHS and carry them around.  Hahahahahaha ... BAD IDEA.

So ... Miley and Shy.  Welcome, babies!

And oh! oh!  One more thing!  I'm sure they are missing their momma, and Miley mews and mews and MEWS, including when she EATS, which sounds like, "Meewmppppph mew mew mewmppppph" and the cute is TOO MUCH.

That is all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if you need other cat-moving names and you need tween-attractors...Selena, Demi, Taylor, Bobby Wasabi, Max, Crash, Leo, Percy, Piper, Boz, Mikayla, Bucket, Zig, Drew, Anubis, Athena, Grace, Solo....

Stop me when you've heard enough. There's dozens more where those came from. - bridgett

rockygrace said...

Okay, I know Selena and Taylor, but the rest of them? Durrrrr ... wasn't Anubis, like, an Egyptian god or something? :) I am assuming (s)he is now a Disney star ...

Bridgett, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Domestic Kate said...

Whatever it takes to get the cats into good homes! One of the local shelters where I used to live seemed to name every dog that came through Bailey. At least you're putting some thought into it!

Anonymous said...

Zendaya is a Disney star...some of them are DisneyXD (tweener Disney channel) names/stars/characters and some of them are from NickTeen (tweener Nick). Others are from a book series that is very popular about Greek and Roman and Egyptian gods. Chloe says that naming cats for members of One Direction would also probably work. Have you tried Harry Potter names? - bridgett

rockygrace said...

Kate, yeah, we're just trying to get 'em homes. The head of a rescue I used to volunteer for was really religious and she used to give the cats Biblical names. Except, not like Sheba and Esther - more like Zilpah and Bilpah and Abednego. Those poor cats.

Bridgett, I'll have to google One Direction. "Justin" is an obvious choice, but he's such a little jerk I don't think I could do it. Ha.

I don't think we've had any Harry Potter cats ... hmmm.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

LOL.. I love it.. and I don't blame you one bit for picking those names.

(btw, do you know you have word verification on your comments?)

rockygrace said...

Thanks for sticking up for me, Tails. :)

And yeah, I have to have the stupid word verification, or else the spammers go nuts. Sorry.

James P. said...

I thought the old ladies were the cat adopters, but I'm not in the business. If that were the case, though, seems that names like Lucy and Ethel, Laverne and Shirley, etc., would be a motivator for them. Ollie and Stan, Fred and Ginger....but maybe that crowd is dead by now and no longer buying "a tin of meat for the cat" (Monty Python).Ginny

James P. said...

And HEY! Are you dissin' Justin Bieber after he was kind enough to sign the Anne Frank guestbook??? (Please see news story from yesterday!) Ginny

rockygrace said...

Ginny, we had a pair of cats named Laverne and Shirley - nobody had any idea who they were. NOBODY. *sigh*

And the old ladies are already full up with cats - it's the families with kids who are adopting these days. They come into the store for pet food for their other animals, the kids see the wall o'cats, and blammo! (we do screen very carefully so as to weed out "impulse adoptions", but hey, sometimes you don't know you want it until you see it ...)

And yeah, ol' Justin's just a prince among men, ain't he? Prince Dipsh*t.