Sunday, April 29, 2012

Saggy butt

Yesterday our rescue group had our first-ever yard sale, held at the home of a volunteer.

It was twenty-three degrees out when I woke up at six. The sale was advertised as being from 10 am to 2 pm, but at 8 I got a call from the homeowner, saying that shoppers were already showing up and could I please hurry over?





I think it was 40 degrees out by 10. That girl scout sash I bought and wore all day? Strictly for warmth. Ah yeah. I also came home with a boy scout uniform shirt, complete with merit badges (it even FITS, should I ever decide to wear it) (and I probably will); a funky necklace; and some cat stuff. Because God knows I don't have enough cat stuff. *cough*

A lot of people donated items to our sale, which means that sometimes we were trying to sell things when we had no idea what they were. The puzzler that took the longest to solve? What finally proved to be an old-style bonnet-type hair dryer, sans bonnet or air hose. All we had was the base. Surprisingly, no one bought it.



We had nothing priced at over twenty bucks, and we still managed to raise almost four! hundred! bucks! One fifty-cent vase and another ten-cent bag of Legos at a time.

One of these things is not like the other:






That dude on the right was about fourteen. At one point he had those jeans so low I have NO IDEA what was holding them up, other than good intentions.

Oh, and there was a young woman there who was quite extensively arrayed with graphic vampire tattoos. I ... really don't know what to say about that, except I hope vampires are still in vogue fifty years from now, for the sake of her grandkids. Then again, I know some ancient dudes with old, old battleship tattoos from WWII, so there ya go.

So! Garage sale. Big hit! I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

Birdie said...

It would have taken all my willpower to not go over to that boy and pull his pants up. Even the picture makes me batty!

rockygrace said...

Birdie, I know, right? Kids these days! Sheesh! :)