Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Garbage, garbage everywhere

For two nights in a row, something got into my outside trash can and strewed garbage all over the backyard, so I had to go buy a locking trash can. I'm assuming it was a racoon, because I really don't care to consider the alternatives. (BEAR) (SHUT UP IT'S NOT A BEAR LA LA LA LA)

Then, Sodapop figured out how to get into the cabinet where the kitchen garbage can is stored and scattered kitchen garbage all over. To add insult to injury, he also taught Tinks the same trick.

Soda has also learned the fine art of rolling the toilet paper off the roll, an entire roll at a time, so now I have to store the TP in the cabinet next to the toilet.

Sh*t, if I wanted to have to kid-proof my house, I would have had kids.

Oh! And Soda has fallen in love with my hair dryer. As soon as he hears it in the morning, he comes tearing into the bathroom to watch me dry my hair. I don't have the heart to turn it on him and destroy his fantasy love affair. I'm guessing the attraction is because they're both black. I hope that doesn't make me a racist. Ha. That's supposed to be funny. KIDDING, people, I am KIDDING. If Tinks was suddenly attracted to, I don't know, a pillow, I'd think that was funny, too. OKAY?o\8aa - those characters brought to you courtesy of Soda, who just walked across the keyboard. Thanks, Soda.

And Soda also likes to eat Vaseline. I use it to take off my eye makeup, and if I leave it on the counter, he's all nomnomnom with his face shoved into the vaseline jar.

Okay, I've gotta hear YOUR cats' weird habits now. Please tell me that Soda's not the only freak.

6 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I have a cat that loves pasta. He will climb up and take it off the plate.

I also have one that pees on the stove. That just makes her an ashhole.

rockygrace said...

Libby, your cat pees on your stove? Seriously? That just seems ... rude.

Oh, and that made me think of The Help, which I watched a while back. I wasn't really paying all that much attention, to be honest, but wasn't there a part where one of the maids poops in a pie and feeds it to her employer? And the employer is all, "nomnomnom this is the BEST PIE!"

Really? I would like to think that if someone sh*t in my pie, I'd be able to taste it. Or, you know, SMELL it. But like I said, I wasn't paying that much attention, so maybe I got it wrong. Anybody?

Domestic Kate said...

No, you're right. It was shit pie. It was a chocolate shit pie--probably heavy on the chocolate.

Kira likes IcyHot. She'll lick it right off my body. She's also the reason that vets say not to use that thin, stringy ribbon on Christmas presents. She doesn't just play with it; she eats it. The same goes for rubber bands.

rockygrace said...

Icy Hot? Really?

And my cat The Runt used to try to eat yarn. I had to be very careful not to leave any lying around, or I'd be pulling yarn out of his mouth like a magician pulling strings of scarves out of a pocket. Thankfully, I always caught him in time, before he, well, swallowed.

Domestic Kate said...

Yep, Icy Hot. And Diego used to eat raw potatoes, lettuce, and tofu/beans. He also once grabbed a pork rib off someone's plate and ran off with it, which wasn't so much strange as it was funny.

rockygrace said...

Some of my fosters have enjoyed fresh peas. Nobody here's ever gone for lettuce, though.

And I'd probably steal a pork rib, too, given the opportunity. :)