Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ghosts

I was looking through some pictures I took of the cats the other day, when I noticed this one of Ponyboy:




It looked really, really familiar to me, so I started going through my photo archives, and found this one of The Runt, taken in 2008:


Spooky.

The Runt passed away a year ago today.  Seven months after that, Little Girl was gone.

I volunteered at an adoption event today, and tomorrow I will be accompanying Tinks, my current foster cat, to a home visit - he may be finding his new home tomorrow.  And of course, I have my new guys, Pony and Soda. 

But tonight it all comes down to The Runt and Little Girl - this time last year they were both here, and now they're both gone, and oh, that is hard.

Give your pets a hug tonight.  Tell  'em it's from me.








1 comment:

Becs said...

I know it's crazy, but I do believe our cats come back to us. I don't even believe in human reincarnation, but cat reincarnation? Yes.

The first time I saw Dylan, it was like my late and best-beloved Burton was looking at me, saying, "What took you so long?"