Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why? Whhhyyyyyyy are they doing this to me?

Tonight on TV:

1. American Idol

2. The Biggest Loser

3. The Amish: American Experience

4. My 600-lb. Life, followed by two! new! episodes! of 19 Kids and Totally Insane.

5. Doomsday Preppers

All at the same time, peeps! And I have NO TIVO.

(Do I watch a lot of crap reality TV? OH, YOU BETCHA.)

Okay, first off, it's Dude's Night on American Idol, so I can skip that. The Biggest Loser? The second hour is weigh-ins, so I could skip THAT and just watch the first hour. My 600-lb. Life? I loved the first episode, Melissa's Story, because she was truly inspiring, but I caught an episode the other night where the woman featured just whiiiiiiiiined all the way through, so that one's iffy. But 19 Kids! I can't miss 19 Kids. Let's see, that leaves Doomsday Preppers, which, okay, those people are just batshit insane, so I can probably skip that. (Of course, the people on 19 Kids are batshit insane, as well, but they're also charming and polite, so there's that.)

But. PBS has an ace in the hole. The Amish. Nobody, absolutely NOBODY, can take an interesting subject and make it boring as shit quite like PBS can. And hey! The Amish! God knows there haven't been any documentaries about THAT subject before. Heh. Good old PBS. So far behind the curve they're about to get lapped, as usual.

So .... survey SAYS! - First hour of Biggest Loser, followed by 19 Kids and Totally Insane.

Unless, of course, the deadly force-field of ennui that is PBS ends up sucking me in.

God, I love crap TV.

1 comment:

rockygrace said...

... and oh no! I just found out that "The Man Who Would Be King", one of my favorite movies EVER, is also on tonight!

... wait, I can Netflix that. Phew.