Wednesday, February 08, 2012

There's somethin' happenin' here

Something happened at work yesterday. I can't describe it here, because it's not my story to tell, but suffice it to say that for a while yesterday, it appeared that I was going to need to find another job. Like, pronto.

Boy, that'll shake you up, am I right? And it was all tied in to the OTHER big thing that happened, to a person with whom I not only work but also consider a friend, so ... yeah. Scary stuff yesterday.

Things today are much sunnier, for both of us. I am happy to report that after some (frantic) research, it appears that my skill set is still very much valued in the work force. I'm never going to get rich, but I should be able to continue to pay my mortgage, even if the worst had happened yesterday, which it didn't. And the other person is doing much better as well.

I'm sorry to be so cryptic here, but like I said, it's not my story to tell. What I can say is, well, be glad you're still kickin'. Because you never know what tomorrow holds.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Amen. Whenever I get into a new gig, I let myself breathe for maybe six months then start upping the ante on my resume.