Thursday, December 17, 2009

Well, I thought about the Army .....

So! Last night's Sing-Off!

First, let's backtrack to Tuesday's show. I am embarrassed to admit that when they did "Freedom 90", I knew every. single. word. And, the song got me thinking about the album it was on (yes, I said "album" - I am old) and the song "Praying for Time", which totally rules, and which I also sang, in its blessed entirety, during a commercial break.

I know the words to twenty-year-old George Michael songs! Aren't you glad you don't live with me?

Anyhoo, moving on to last night's show. That college group, the Beelzebubs, or however the hell you spell it? I've come to the conclusion that they're my faves because I have a totally inappropriate crush on the chunky, curly-haired dude. I don't know if I want to give him cookies and milk or f*ck the hell out of him, and that's just wrong.

But! "Baba O'Reilly"? Really?! Rock on, dudes!

I couldn't figure out why the lady judge was on the show, because none of her comments made any sense. Then I read the captions and discovered that she was a "Pussycat Doll", which ..... um ..... aren't they strippers? WHY IS SHE ON THE SHOW?

I'm getting a little tired of the beat-boxing. I mean, I know they need it to keep time, but still ..... and I just now thought about how much spit must be on the floor of that stage by the end of the night and ........ ew. Just ew.

Oh, and Voices of Lee did Man in the Mirror, which, Michael Jackson notwithstanding, is one of the best songs ever. I'm sorry, but that song is the shiz. Too bad Voices of Lee butchered it.

One last thing: Seeing as how BEN FOLDS is a judge, when, oh when is one of the groups going to whip out "Jesusland"? Come on, guys, there's only one night left! Man up! Or wait ..... "Army!" I wanna hear somebody sing about three sad semesters and Chick-fil-A!

My prediction? The Beezlebubs (or however the hell you spell it) for the win!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So am I right in saying that Voices of Lee (who killed, and not in a good way, Man in the Mirror) continue on but the SoCals (who my husband annoyingly refers to as the So-Sos) are toast? I had to catch the end of SYTYCD and missed the final cut.

I am still favoring Nota, although the Bubs are growing on me. The guy who does their arranging is winning it for them.

And yes, I so so so much want to hear them break into "Army." You do know that the latest Ben Folds album is a greatest hits album done by university a cappella groups, right? It is teh awesome.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, the SoCals have left the building.

And I'd heard about that new Ben Folds project - I'll have to give it a listen.

Unknown said...

This post kicked me off on a Ben Folds-fest. I cannot get "Army out of my head...

Got your card yesterday! It's great! Did you know I used to own (well, own a half-share in) an Edsel?

rockygrace said...

An Edsel? Really? Poor thing. I think you should nuke another Grandma's apple pie and hang your head in shame. :)

Unknown said...

Everything that everyone has ever said about them being hinky pieces of shit is absolutely true. A high school friend and I bought one with the idea that it would be cool to fix up and while we eventually did get it running and out of the barn, it was never going to be right. It really was like it had been built with parts missing from the git-go.

rockygrace said...

I've got a Saturn that's like that!