Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The most fun ever

Every year, on Christmas Eve, I give my Mom a Christmas stocking filled with stuff from the dollar store - Puzzles, pretty soaps, warm gloves, candy, etc. As usual, this year I ended up buying way more stuff than I needed for her stocking (the dollar store does that to me). And when I ended up with some stuff from the office gift exchange that I already had, I really had a surfeit of stocking stuffers.



So I Secret-Santa'd my neighbors.








Two of my neighbors are women who live alone and don't seem to get much company. I wrapped up all the extra stuff, put it in gift bags, donned a trench coat and a Santa hat, and on Christmas Eve I left the bags on their porches.



And I had SO MUCH FUN wrapping up all that stuff and deciding who got what and sneaking through the neighborhood (don't call 911! It's just me!) that I think I'll do it again next year. Maybe pick a few more neighbors.



Next to the owl hooting, that was the best part of my Christmas.


2 comments:

Fish Food said...

Oh that's so nice! I'm tearing up, sitting here.

That's real Christmas spirit.

rockygrace said...

Just call me Mother Teresa!

*cough*

Not.