Monday, December 28, 2009

Well, at least THAT'S over with

Actually, I like everything about Christmas except the day itself, when I have to spend time with people I do not like. Bah. It helped to know that I don't have to see these folks again until Easter.

But! I got through the day without killing anybody or even making any snarky remarks. Well, there was that one incident with the monster truck show*, but that's between Ditzy and me.

My Christmas bonus came through, meaning that I spent yesterday morning at Home Depot buying new light fixtures for the bathroom. Woot!

My sister Texas was nice enough to gift me the new Stephen King book, which weighs approximately ten pounds and is over 1,000 pages long. I predict a March finish. Shit, I don't even think the Bible has that many pages.

By far the coolest part of the weekend came yesterday afternoon, when I was out in the woods and heard an owl calling. I've been spending a good chunk of my weekends in forests for years now, and that was the first time I've ever heard an owl call. Hoo hoo hooooooo hooo hooo. TOO COOL.

I hope everybody had a good Christmas, and nobody's in jail for murdering a relative or anything. Ho ho ho!






*Did you know that there's a TV channel devoted entirely to monster truck shows? Is true! And it doesn't even have, like, a voiceover or anything, it just shows monster trucks jumping over stuff again and again and again, with a heavy-metal soundtrack. It's EXTREMELY popular with my two-year-old nephew, whose favorite Christmas present was something called a "Gravedigger". Yeah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wild. Our car got stormed by an owl around 4 am as we were going down Rt. 88 near your house. Scared the piss out of me.

Yes, Christmas was merry. Glad to hear it was (mostly) all good with you.

Fish Food said...

We were driving home from my parents' in the pitch dark and an owl swung its flight right down over the windscreen. Nearly gave me a heart attack.

Al think we heard an owl hoot here once. Usually I think pigeons' "whoo whoos" sound like owls, but what the heck do I know?

rockygrace said...

Wow .... sounds like there's owls all over the place!