Thursday, November 05, 2009

"Surprise", indeed

When I pulled in the driveway last night, the girl who lives two houses down came over with the cookie dough she had talked me into buying a couple of months ago.

She was selling magazines and cookie dough to raise money for her school's class trip, and while I really didn't want to buy anything, I could totally empathize, because I remember having to go door-to-door selling boxes of fruit for the marching band, and it royally sucked. Plus, I had already turned down her little brother when he came around selling entertainment books, so I was feeling kind of guilty.

So anyway, the cookie dough landed last night, and natch, the first thing I did was grab a spoon. "Rocky Road Surprise" was the dough I had ordered, and I kind of figured the "surprise" was that three pounds of dough cost fourteen bucks. I dug in, and man, that stuff was good. I stood at the counter, staring into space and shoveling in the cookie dough, as vague thoughts of salmonella flitted through my mind.

And then I started reading the container, and guess what? One cookie has a hundred and thirty calories.

I think I had downed about a thousand calories' worth of dough before I read that little tidbit.

Surprise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rocky Road dough?? I need that. Pronto! We recently got out cookie dough delivery that we bought from a friend's kid. It was very mediocre. That wasn't a nice surprise. Glad yours was!...aside from the calories.

rockygrace said...

I made myself promise that I wouldn't eat any more dough until it actually made it into the cookie stage. We'll see how long that promise lasts. The dough is calling my name ......

Fish Food said...

Good Lord! I didn't know you could eat the dough. I thought it had to be cooked or something?

rockygrace said...

Well, TECHNICALLY it's supposed to be cooked, but I've never let that get between me and a little cookie dough .....