Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Quite a few

A couple of weeks ago, I asked one of my new neighbors how many trick-or-treaters the neighborhood got, so I would know how much candy to buy.


"Oh, quite a few", she said, a little vaguely.


I bought three big bags of candy, thinking that would be plenty for "quite a few".

As it turns out, "quite a few" is right around fifty. I didn't run out of candy, but it was close.

I never got any trick-or-treaters at my old place (apartment), so having those knocks on my door coming fast and furious was way cool.


Best outfit? A little girl, maybe nine or ten, dressed as the grim reaper. She scared the sh*t out of me, I'll tell you that.


Worst outfit? A mom dressed as ....... well ........ a hooker, as far as I could figure. I mean, I'm assuming it was a costume, and that she doesn't wear thigh-high hose and just-past-the-ass skirts every day. Despite the overwhelming preponderance of "slut wear" in the costume store ads, she was the only trick-or-treater I had who was dressed ...... um ....... inappropriately. Even the teen girls were going for the goth look or the undead look or the eighties look as opposed to the "I just got paid to have sex look."



All and all, a very good night. And the house didn't even get egged, which I kind of thought might happen, being right next to the park and all. Woot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got so many! When we lived in NY, we maybe got around 12-15 doorbell rings (sometimes multiple kids per ring), and we always had so much candy leftover! We'd give out handfuls of the stuff to each kid. I'm also happy the only trashy costume was on a person with whom it's okay for men to think about having sex. I saw a couple teens/tweens roaming about in slutty costumes :(

My word verification is "excism" Prejudice against one's ex? The process of excising something?

rockygrace said...

Hmmm ... application of an excise tax?