Friday, November 13, 2009

Now THAT'S scary

Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

I was trying to recall if anything bad had ever happened to me on a Friday the 13th, when I remembered something I had TOTALLY forgotten about: I met the man who eventually became my ex-husband on a Friday the 13th.

*shudder*

I was going to stay home that night, but I decided to go out because, hey, it's Friday the 13th, and if you need an excuse to go drinking, that's as good a one as any.

I ended up at the bar my Dad owned at the time, and ran into the man who became my ex-husband. I actually already knew of him, a little - we had been in marching band (NERDS) together, although we never hung out together or anything back then. So, I ran into him that night, we started dating, and the rest is (unfortunate) history.

Oh! And something else I had totally forgotten - We got married in 1984, which means that if I hadn't left him back in '89, we would have been married ..... drum roll, please ....... twenty-five years this year. AND, our wedding date was around the tenth of November (can't remember the exact date), so THIS VERY WEEK we would be celebrating (or cursing) our silver wedding anniversary.

*shiver*

Okay, that's enough scary-ness for Friday the Thirteenth. Have a good one! And you might want to stay out of the bars. I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you must have gotten married when you were twelve or something. Seriously -- you aren't old enough to even be in the running for a 25th anniversary.

Fish Food said...

That's so weird... my comiserations. I got married first in 1985 and left in 1990, only a year's difference from your's! Next year would be the 25th anniversary!

I obviously also got married at twelve.

Rob said...

Happy Pretend Anniversary! And many more!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I updated my blog. It is among the most boring entries ever, but I really had to start it up from somewhere. You will now understand why I didn't feel the urge to write(because I'm doing nothing that anyone else would be interested in, maybe?)

But you asked so nicely that I thought I should.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, I'll go check it out!

And yes, I was a child bride. *cough*