Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stop threatening me, Rite-Aid

Rite-Aid's ad campaign, "With us, it's personal", cracks me up. Every time I see one of their ads, I'm all, watch out, peeps; this time, it's PERSONAL.

I couldn't remember where I'd heard that before, until I googled it and found out it was the tag-line for "Jaws: The Revenge."

Hmmm. Invoking comparisons to a killer shark out for blood? Way to go, Rite-Aid. And oh my God, has anybody else noticed the cartoon reindeer adorning their latest flyer? The reindeer who looks like it's on crack? With blood-red eyes and a messed-up mane and giant teeth? And it's just a disembodied head floating on the edge of the ads, making me think of the Godfather movie? Yeeeaaaahhhh, THAT mo-fo's not gonna give your kids nightmares.

On a related note (kind of)(maybe), every. single. time I see that commercial for the post office? You know the one, "If it fits, it ships"? I think, "if it fits, it shits."


I don't think that's quite what they intended.


Although I'm sure that somewhere, an ad agency exec is laughing his ass off.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a problem with "Droid: It's a bare-knuckle bucket of does." And I inevitably think "female deer? wtf?"

It's probably just me.

Rob said...

My God, I didn't even know there WAS a Rite Aid any more. I need to get back East more often!

rockygrace said...

Ha, Bridgett, now I'm thinking of deer fist-fighting. In an arena.

And Rob, around here, the Rite-Aids replaced old Fay's stores. Remember Fay's?

Unknown said...

And speaking of the US Postal Service motto, my daughter (who knows that the indigenous people of Alaska are Inuits, not Eskimos) has changed a popular Christmas song to


"And folks dressed up like Inuits
(If it fits, it ships!)
Some turkey and some mistletoe..."

Because she is as nutty as I am.

rockygrace said...

Oh, help me, Bridgett, I don't get it. I mean, I know the song, I just don't get the joke.