Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holy shit, maybe I AM a crazy cat lady

I had to look up the lyrics to "Senor Don Gato"* this morning, because I started singing it to The Runt last night and I couldn't remember the words, and it was driving me CRAZY.

And I mean, God only knows it's important to know all the words when you're singing a song to your cat.

*sigh*

Of course, you know what's in my head on an endless loop right now. Oh, Senor Don Gato was a cat ....... on a fine red roof Don Gato sat........


I need to get a grip.





*When I was a little kid, I LOVED this song, because it contained the words "and his little solar plexus meow meow meow" (oh peeps, I am leaving myself WIDE OPEN here; I'm aware of that), which were the most magically pleasing words in the world to little-kid me. I don't know if I even knew what a solar plexus was (and frankly, I'm still unsure, other than knowing that it's a body part), but I just loved the sound of those words. Am weird.


Oh, and to all of the veterans out there today, Veterans Day: Thank you. Thank you for doing what the rest of us are unable, or unwilling, to do: Putting your lives on the line for your country. Thank you from the bottom of the crazy cat lady's heart.

No comments: