Monday, September 21, 2009

Yeah, like THAT'S not gonna give me nightmares.

Warning: This post is NOT for the squeamish! You've been warned.


Friday night, I was out in the garage wrapping the water heater with insulation. (My new motto: "Insulate!")(I know, it's a thrill a minute around here.) I looked down on the garage floor and saw ....... something ........ some kind of fur. It looked like a little pelt, lying on the floor. I looked a little closer and saw what looked like .... teeth .... in the middle of the thing.

Holy shit, I thought. So THAT'S what's been smelly out here!

I'd been smelling a sort of an odor in the garage for the past few days. And in my usual highly efficient manner *cough*, my method of solving the smell situation was to walk around the garage, sniffing, wonder what the hell was smelly out there. Yeah, that works real good.

I'm not sure what that ...... pelt thing on the floor originally was. I'm assuming mouse or mole, but honestly, it looked kind of big to be that. But then again, I think I may have, um, stepped in it when I was working on the water heater, flattening it out some.

Jeezus, I'm giving myself the shivers again just thinking about it.

Anyhoo, just when you think things can't get any worse, you realize that you've got to get that thing OUT of the garage if you want the smell to stop. And, on closer inspection, you realize that the pelt is now host to lots of little writhing maggoty friends. Then again, once you realize that you've probably already STEPPED in it, how much worse can it get, right?

Time to grab the dustpan and a broom and man up. Scoop up the pelt thing and its little friends and heave it into the woods out back.

And try not to scream.

The end.


Oh, and thanks a lot, cats. Keep that shit outside, mmmkay?

3 comments:

inflammatory writ said...

Ugh. I would have thrown up!

rockygrace said...

Yeah, but then I would have had two messes to clean up ....

Anonymous said...

Maggots are one thing I've never had to see in person. You are a brave woman. Now, cleaning up cat puke after they've eaten said mole or mouse? Check. Oh, and never ask how much worse it could get. It can always get worse, especially when you're dealing with live animals, dead animals, maggots, or the garage :)