Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Movie Review - The Wrestler

"The Wrestler" is about a washed-up professional wrestler (duh) who decides to make a comeback. Mickey Rourke plays the lead, and he's just fascinating to watch. He's got a body like you wouldn't believe, but his face looks like ten miles of bad road, which makes you wonder what the hell he's done to himself over the years. Marisa Tomei co-stars, and I've always had a soft spot for her, even though she seems to play the same character (hooker-type person with a heart of gold) an awful lot, and I'm beginning to suspect that she's not all that great of an actress.



Anyway, it was a really good movie, and for some odd reason, it wasn't nearly as depressing as the storyline would lead you to believe. I mean, as I was watching it, I kept thinking, "these poor peeps can't catch a break", but the characters just kept trying, kept plugging away, and it was actually kind of, well, uplifting. I recommend it!

No comments: