Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Last Saturday, we got so much rain I thought I was gonna drown unloading the groceries from the car. It rained, and rained, and rained, all day. When I woke up on Sunday the sky was still menacing and showers were predicted, but I decided to head out anyway. And it turned out that orange was on display.

Who knew there were so many shades of orange?


Bridgett said...

Oh! Lizardy goodness! I've never seen one of those out in the woods before (only in a tank at the local nature center). Of course, I hike with a rambunctious ten-year-old who probably scares away most of the stuff long before I get to see it.

rockygrace said...

Right after a heavy rain is the best salamander spotting time - just look for the orange! There were so many on the trails Sunday, I was afraid I was going to step on one.

F A R T !! said...

That's a gorgeous coloured salamander. Ours are all green here. Very dull in comparison.