Thursday, May 14, 2009

Who cares? I'll bet their kids do

Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about Jon and Kate of the reality show "Jon and Kate Plus 8". I used to watch the show pretty regularly, and now once in a while I'll catch an episode, but that's about it.


Unfortunately, these two have been splashed all over the media lately, evidently both to pimp a new season of their series, and because there's possibly some trouble in paradise.


And you know what? I don't care. But I'll bet their kids do.



Dear Jon and Kate: STFU. Your kids, all eight of them, do not need to know that Mommy and Daddy may be about to split up. And that Daddy's dating a twenty-year-old. And that Mommy's banging the bodyguard. Oh, I know, you say that you keep that latest issue of People off the coffee table, and you never let them watch Inside Edition, but guess what? Their little friends know it all. And you'd better believe that thanks to their friends, your little kids now know every sordid detail, every little tasty bit that you've spilled to People, and Inside Edition, and Entertainment Weekly, and Us, and everybody else who'll pay you fifty cents for the "inside scoop."



Please shut up. For the sake of your kids, shut up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen. I don't know these people from Adam. I don't have cable and I have never seen a single episode of their show. I've somehow missed the media blitz, the magazine spreads, the relentless merchandising...

AND I STILL KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE MUTUAL INFIDELITY. I don't want to know it. I don't really care about it. Yet, it has leaked into the groundwater of my consciousness.

If I know it, the kids know it. Poor exploited things.

Anonymous said...

Who are they? We don't have them here, but we do have Peter Andre and Katie Price... DREADFUL people.

I just wish they'd keep it to themselves too.

rockygrace said...

I'd hate to see the therapy bills for those kids in a few years.

And Fight, Jon and Kate have a reality show about raising their eight (!) kids - a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. Needless to say, fertility drugs were involved. They were one of the trendsetter couples as far as having litters of kids goes.