Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Time to man up

or,

Put up or shut up,


or,

Sh*t or get off the pot,

or,

Fish or cut bait,


or,

Time to put on my big girl undies



Pick your cliche. Last night, I wrote out a check for a thousand dollars in earnest money and put in an offer on the house I fell in love with. My mortgage guy was able to get me into a different loan program with a better rate, and I went in a little low with the offer, so it's do-able, moneywise. According to my realtor, they've got another offer, but there's a problem with the buyer's financing, so I might be able to sneak in on this one.



Hold me.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Looks just right. It's good to go lower with some room to come up -- the dickering appears to be part of the process.

If you haven't looked at floodsmart.gov, it might be helpful in guiding you toward lower cost flood insurance. I know that was a concern formerly.

the queen said...

Cute!
And: Stand up and flush

listie said...

Congratulations!

It looks like there's plenty of room there to garden.

Poetry Echoes said...

It's adorable! I can already picture the landscaping with pretty flowers on a raised bed edged with stones... Congratulations!