Monday, May 04, 2009

Weekend Weirdness

I looked at two houses this past weekend that were truly laughable. The owner of the one I looked at on Friday was so odd, I wouldn't have been surprised if circus clowns showed up. I mean, she already had the chihuahuas and the odd outfit; clowns would've fit right in. The house I looked at on Saturday, the lot was so steep the driveway had a freakin' switchback in it. *sigh*

The Runt got stung by a bumblebee. I didn't even know that bumblebees could sting; I thought it was just, like, yellowjackets and wasps that stung. Great; now I've got something else to worry about. (The Runt is fine; he took off running when it first happened, and then licked his paw for about half an hour. Poor guy.)

My Mom and I were walking in a local forest yesterday and stopped to take a break. Mom commented on all the dead leaves on the ground and I said something about how nobody rakes them up in the woods, and we speculated on what a job it would be to rake the forest. On our way out of the forest, a guy on a mountain bike passed us going into the woods carrying - I shit you not - a leaf rake. Whoooooooa.

I dreamed last night -

*whoosh* - that's the sound of the negative air created as everyone leaves the internet at once whenever someone mentions a dream they had -

ANYWAY, I dreamed last night that it was football season, and a chicken went thirty-four yards against the Bills for a touchdown. Which, given the way the Bills have played the last few years, is not really all that implausible.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear your mom is out and about and up for enjoying walks.

Last night, I dreamed that both the front and back porch were sagging off my house. When I went to tell my husband about this, some other guy posing as my husband (like a soap opera on the days where "the role of Ted will be played by") threw me a drill and some really long woodscrews and told me to have at fixing it myself. He was busy.

rockygrace said...

Oh yeah, Mom loves to walk.

When you're done fixing the porches, come on over to my place - I've got a ton of stuff that needs fixing! :)

Unknown said...

Next thing I have to fix in my house is a toilet seat. My husband (who runs about ten miles a day and has that lean rangy look) broke it today, which is sufficient to give a thin man a complex.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the only one not ashamed to blog about my dreams. It's my blog, damn it. I want to remember my weird-ass dreams, so I write them down.

Anyway....

What would you do with leaves that were raked from the woods anyway? I imagine if I were to rake the leaves from my yard (instead of just mowing them up), I would pile them up and take them into the woods. Would you then rake the leaves from the woods and sprinkle them in people's yards?

rockygrace said...

I would imagine you could compost them, but then again they do that all by themselves right where they are.

I just cannot, for the life of me, figure out why that guy on the bike was taking a leaf rake into the forest.