Friday, April 03, 2009

In My Little Town......

Right now, there is a hostage situation.

A gunman stormed the local offices of the American Civic Association (approx. two miles from where I am), shot four people, and took twenty others hostage. Another fifteen people in the building are hiding in a storage closet, using their cell phones to talk to the police.

Looks like I picked a hell of a day to quit smoking.


Updated to add: Now the story's gone national:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090403/ap_on_re_us/hostage_shooting

5 comments:

listie said...

I'm glad you updated. I was wondering how close you are to the place.

Unknown said...

Fuuuuuuck. I am so glad that you are ok. What a mess.

Anonymous said...

What a crazy, f*ckin' day! I heard about it on the radio on my way into work. I stopped at Target on my way, and people were saying it was on CNN. Called my mom--the usual. Then in class, we kept hearing sirens. It was scary just not knowing how long it was going to go on. A lot of students knew people who were in the building or somehow affiliated with the people there. So unreal that it happened here.

Poetry Echoes said...

Don't you dare cave and fall off the wagon!

Anonymous said...

I wondered how far from you too.. glad you're OK!