Friday, April 17, 2009

And THIS is why I can't afford a house ....




..... I bought this purse at the thrift store because I felt sorry for the animals on it.


I mean, seriously, the elephant looks like he's doing okay, except for the whole bullseye-eye thing, but those are some sad-looking ....... lions? jaguars? I'm not sure.


It's a tiny little purse, so as I looked at it in the thrift store, I thought, well, it's okay, some little girl will buy it and the ...... tigers? leopards?........ will go live with her and be happy, and then I'm all, NO, the little girl will play with the purse for a few days and then it'll end up under the bed or in a mud puddle and the ......... leopards? jaguars? ....... will be all sad again and OH MY GOD I have to give these animals a home and I'll hang it by a window so the ........ lions? tigers? ....... can look out the window and in the summer I'll put it out on the porch in the breeze and .......


It cost a buck-fifty. There went my house.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You just need to find a very sad house.

Then again, maybe not. Of all the Charlie Brown purses in the world, that one is the Charlie Browniest.

Practice saying "I want a house more than I want (fill in the blank)." This was handy for me and restaurants because we used to eat out a lot when we first moved to NY because I was working 80 hours a week and had no social/leisure time except when I ate. If I ever wanted to go anywhere, it had to be out to dinner. John didn't have a job yet, so he was stuck in the house with Chloe all day long and he needed to get out as well. Anyways, we decided that getting a house trumped even this. The down payment on our house came from eating a lot of soup and using our library card. You're already pretty durn frugal, though -- not sure what you're going to cut out, other than the saddy-cat purses.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, I already buy 90% of my stuff from thrift stores, and I almost never eat out, not even fast food, so the smokes were really the last thing I could cut .......

I know there's a house out there I can afford. Wsy back when I first started looking I put in an offer on one I could have swung, but I was too late into the game. This just gets awfully frustrating ....

Anonymous said...

That purse makes me want to cry. I probably would have had the same thought process you did--like, the same reaction to seeing a malnourished stray animal. Who would make a purse with such sad animals on it? I could see if it were made out of the animals' skin. Those animals would be sad, but I doubt it's made out of tiger-leopard-jaguar skin.