Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Great Moments in Sports

I was watching the World Figure Skating Championships last weekend (I know! I KNOW!). I don't really follow this stuff (honest), but one performance blew me away.

Evan Lysacek (U.S.) was skating a beautiful, clean performance, landing every jump, on his way to the gold medal. And as he got to his final sit-spin, he starting beating his fists into the air (during the spin), as if to say, "Holy f*cking f*ck!!! I did it!! I WON!!!!!!

It was great. I watched it over and over. This dude just skated the performance of a lifetime, and he knew it, and he was thrilled. It was kind of amazing, actually.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poo! I missed it. Maybe they're replay it on Universal Sports...was it broadcast on NBC?

rockygrace said...

Not sure which channel it was on, but if you go to YouTube and search for "Evan Lysacek 2009 World" you should be able to pull it up. (Just make sure you're watching the one where he's wearing a tux, NOT the one where he's wearing the weird jumpsuit with the cross on it - that's a different routine.)

Anonymous said...

I just watched him on YouTube and completely concur! What a long lanky laddie though!

rockygrace said...

Yep, he's a tall drink of water - must make it tough to do all of those jumps and spins.