Thursday, January 15, 2009

Waiting

Waiting to see if the original buyer's offer holds up. (Doesn't look likely; he's had, like, sixty days now and still can't come up with financing.)

Waiting to see if the seller will accept my first offer. (Also not likely; the original buyer's offer was for full purchase price, and I'm coming in at twenty percent less than that.)

Waiting to see if the seller is willing to drop his price. (Possible, but not likely; the house had only been on the market for a few weeks when he got the first offer for full purchase price.)

I've already decided I'm not going to offer full purchase price. Not on this property. But now, of course, I'm second-guessing myself, and thinking, "maybe I should put in an offer for full purchase price", and then I'm all like, "No! Think of all the trees that will have to be removed! Think of the one bedroom! Think of the one closet!"

Man. I'm really battling with myself over here.

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

Nope, do not offer full price. You have sound reasons for not doing so. Moreover, there will be plenty of houses on the market at all sorts of price points and you can afford to be choosy as you are not forced to move from your apartment in a hasty manner.

Play it cool. If this one gets away, there will be others. Our first offer on the country home I loved fell through and I was crushed. Then we took more time, found the home we really wanted, and in retrospect, I am sooooo relieved that we didn't get the first one.

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, thank you SO MUCH. You're the voice of wisdom, as always.

I keep telling myself, "you've only looked at FIVE houses so far, will you freaking cool it?!"

FightAgainstRedTape said...

This is just soooooooo exciting!

How's it going? Any news??

rockygrace said...

It's Friday morning, and no news yet. Still waiting .......

listie said...

Still waiting? Don't sweat it. Unless this is the absolute house of your dreams, there will be others you'll like as well or better.