Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It Happens Every Time ........

....... The boss goes out of town, and dumps a bunch of stuff on my lap of which I had no prior knowledge, expecting me to handle it.

Today, for example, I had to make a decision about spending $8,400.00 in advertising for a business of which my boss is a managing partner. And I had to make the decision in, like, thirty seconds, because my boss had already dicked around with this thing for so long that now it was up against a firm deadline (which he KNEW before he dumped it on me and took off). And I couldn't call one of the other partners, because my boss had said that HE would handle it. And I couldn't get ahold of my boss, because he left his cell phone in the car in the airport parking lot.

But hey, that's why they pay me the big bucks, right? *snort*

No comments: