Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Pics

On Saturday, I went to a local nature preserve, where the deer are very friendly:



I could have reached out and petted that deer, which does not bode well for her future come hunting season. The deer are safe in the preserve, but if they go off the property, they're fair game. And believe me, the adjoining property owners have put up tree stands mere feet from the property line. Which hardly seems sporting, somehow: Wait for the deer to step over the line and KA-BLAM!!


This is a fall crocus that one of my former neighbors planted several years ago. The neighbor is long gone, but the crocus keeps blooming:



On Sunday, I went to a nearby state park. The turtles were busy soaking up the last of the summer sun.


"Grandpa, what was it like when you were a little turtle?"


Finally, a butterfly. Because it's pretty.


4 comments:

Danger said...

Baby turtle! Squee!

rockygrace said...

I have a HUGE thing for turtles! Especially the little ones.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos! I just love them.

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Fight!