Monday, September 15, 2008

I Need Some Coordination Here, Please

On Saturday, I was playing with the kittens in the kitchen. I made a grab for one of them just as the other one squirted between my feet, making me lose my balance, and the next thing I knew, I had CLONKED my head so hard against the corner of the stovetop that I saw stars, and a giant goose egg instantly rose on my forehead.

And my poor forehead was SO SORE that I couldn't even put ice on it. I can't even TOUCH my forehead, at all, without extreme pain.

Oh yeah, and I've got a REALLY ATTRACTIVE giant bruise on my forehead. Thank God for bangs; at least I don't have to try to explain to anyone how I almost KNOCKED MYSELF OUT playing with kittens.

*sigh*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

John got climbed by our cat when it woke up panicked for some reason a couple of weeks ago. It nearly ripped his right ear off and went up his face pretty badly. He realized that he'd sound like a complete wimp if he admitted that he'd been accidentally mauled by a housecat (how lame is that?), so he just didn't say anything. Now he's heard a rumor through the student grapevine that he was in this big bar fight downtown and whupped some serious ass. Heh.

rockygrace said...

Yep, kicking ass in a bar fight beats getting attacked by a cat any time, story-wise.

I briefly considered concocting a story to explain my little injury, but luckily the bangs are taking care of things.

I hope John's okay - it sounds like that cat needs some kitty tranquilizers, or something!

Unknown said...

She's been spazzed about the home renovation. She's really super-territorial and between the painting over all her scent-marking and the rearranging all "her" furniture and the banging and the vacuuming, she's a hot mess. We'll have everything wound down in a couple of weeks (the whole downstairs, minus the kitchen, got finished in the last four months and I think we're going to take a break because we're sick of painting) and I'm hoping she'll settle down.

rockygrace said...

Poor kitty. Has she been spayed? Sometimes that calms them down.