Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Movie Review - "Into The Wild"

Caution, there are MAJOR spoilers ahead! Do not read further if you don't want to know how this movie ends!




Okay, you've been warned.

I really liked this one. The soundtrack (Eddie Vedder, I believe) and cinematography were excellent. As far as the (true) story goes, well, in one way this guy was doing what we all dream of doing from time to time - ditching it all to go exploring.

Unfortunately, he headed into the Alaskan wilderness with basically just a parka and a knife, and he starved to death. Ooooops.

In a way, this guy really pissed me off. I mean, at least take some food or something, will ya?! But then again, I guess his "point" was to see if he could make it with no supplies. And it wasn't clear (to me, anyway) if this guy had all his marbles or not. By the end it seemed like he was pretty much off his rocker, but that might have been the starvation talking.

So! This was basically a movie about a guy who did what he wanted to do, and died doing it. But really, it wasn't sad at all. You just felt bad for the poor kid. You really wish he'd made it, just to see what he would become.

2 comments:

Danger said...

Have you read the book? It's good stuff.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, I read the book a while back and enjoyed it.