Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Goddam *?!@*ing VCR

I got the DVD/VCR hooked up over the weekend.

I can watch DVDs. I can watch VCR tapes. I can timer record programs on VCR tapes.

I cannot, however, watch the programs that I have timer recorded. They will play; I can hear the machinery working. The TV just won't show the tape that is playing. And no; it's not a "Channel 3" thing; I just can't figure out what it is. Grrrrrrrrr.

I know it's time to call the 1-800 number. Unfortunately, I really don't feel like talking to someone in Bangladesh with extremely poor English language skills right now.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does it play audio on the timer-taped things? Or just a big fat nothing? I am guessing that it didn't tape what you wanted it to tape and now is just playing back blank tape, but that's just my guess. Definitely make a call.

rockygrace said...

The TV just cuts back to whatever program was on, instead of showing the timer-recorded program. Update to follow!

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on the non-English speaking call centres. It's a NIGHTMARE!

Al shouts at them and hangs up. Bless. Bt if you do that, you don't get any help at all, do you?

rockygrace said...

I love the companies who have on-line help centers - much less aggravating!