My sister Texas, who lives you-know-where, had a nest of ground bees by her front door. She stuck a garden hose down the hole and turned on the water, thinking she could drown them. When she went back and pulled the hose out of the hole, the bees swarmed the hose, and a couple of them started after her! One of them stung her on the ear (ow ow ow ow), which promptly swelled up like a balloon.
So! She called her pest control company and they sent a guy out. He took one look at the hole, asked to be let in, and informed her that she had (dun dun DUNNN) killer bees.
That's right, folks; my sister got stung by a killer bee and lived to tell the tale. The scary thing is, the pest control guy was telling her that if the bees had swarmed her instead of the hose, she could have died.
But! She is fine (except for a sore ear), and the pest control guy killed the bees, and all is well.
And now she's got a great story to tell at cocktail parties. Waaaayy better than my cat-up-a-tree tale. Big sis wins again. *sigh*