Thursday, July 03, 2008

Who On Earth Thought That Was A Good Idea?

PBS, that's who. Next week, PBS will begin airing a prime-time cartoon following the "off-the-air lives" of Tom and Ray Magliozzi, those guys from NPR's "Car Talk" program.

Um ...... really? Is it aimed at little kids? At adults? Either scenario does not seem like it could possibly turn out well.


I predict this show's "jump the shark" moment will occur within the first thirty seconds of the first episode.


You know, I do listen to NPR and watch PBS, but in both cases, sometimes something will come on that is just so .... wrongly conceived .... that I think to myself, "this is what happens when you let the nerds run the show." And trust me, I was/am a nerd. So I know how these things can happen. I think they need to hire just one cool guy to poke his head in from time to time to say, "um.... guys? You might want to think that one over."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the two guys horribly disfigured or otherwise just plain ugly? That's the only reason I could see for animating them.

rockygrace said...

They're just normal-looking, middle-aged guys.

I don't understand the animation either - that's why I'm wondering if the show's aimed at kids.