Monday, July 21, 2008

Dresses and Pantyhose and Heels, Oh My!

I spent last week in shorts and tank tops. About half of every day my feet were in hiking boots, and the rest of the time I went barefoot.


A good portion of the time, my feet and the rest of me were plunked down in the kiddy pool. Oh! There was an emergency on Sunday when the kiddy pool developed a leak, necessitating a quick trip to Crapmart for a replacement. Luckily they still had some in stock, although back-to-school stuff is already replacing a lot of the summer fun stuff.


Lots of time was spent down by the creek, eating blackberries and raspberries and splashing around in the cool water and digging up wildflowers for my gardens. (Nothing endangered! Just beach peas and crown vetch and daisies and monkey flowers, all of which get mowed down when the town comes to mow the floodwall.)


There's lots of birds down there:




But now, it's back to work. Time to earn a living. *sigh.*

2 comments:

Poetry Echoes said...

Yay, you're back! I missed you. Honest. Kept checking and then remembering too late that you were on vacation but checked the next day anyway because maybe you would have checked in instead of leaving us, your ever-faithful readers, nearly going through Rockycat withdrawals for an entire week!

rockygrace said...

Awww, thanks, Kerri. That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in a long time.