Tuesday, September 16, 2014

There goes the neighborhood. (Trees, that is.)



A couple of months ago, I came home to arcing electrical wires in the front yard.  I called the utility company, and they sent a guy right out to cut back some branches from the locust trees out front.  At the time, I jokingly suggested that he cut 'em right down.

Yeah.  Well.  This morning, bright and early, there was a gigantic utility company tree-cutting-and-chipping truck out front.  By the time I left for work, a dude with a chainsaw in a cherry picker was busy at work.

I walked over to a guy on the ground.  "Are you gonna take 'em out, or just trim them?," I asked.

"Well, our orders are just to trim, so that's what we're gonna do today," the guy said.

It should be noted that the word "trim" has a substantially different meaning to the utility company than it does to you or me, so we'll see how much of those trees is left by the time I get home.

Eh.  I don't know which Einstein planted locust trees under power lines in the first place, so it's just as well that they go.  And let's hope that the utility company applies their "trim" judiciously.




2 comments:

James P. said...

Well, it's not like your nutcase neighbor is going to be scalping the lawn for you anymore.....so you will have to settle for overkill on the tree-trimming.

rockygrace said...

Shoot, Ginny, it's always something, ain't it? GET OFF MY LAWN YOU GUYS.