Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend


So!  Saturday was another adoption event:







I like the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" sign overhead.  You betcha, all these kitties come with guarantees.  You will fall in love, or your money back.

This little miss could've been adopted out twenty times over:



The rescue is reviewing approximately nine kabillion applications for her to see who will be the lucky new servant of Miss Sally.  We found new homes for two of the older cats, Smudge and Reese, as well, so it was a good day.

Sunday, I walked the creek down by my old apartment.  During the flood of 2011, the waters rose over this bridge:



Portions of people's yards get transplanted to down by the creek when the floods come:


The paintballers have been busy reinforcing their bulwarks:


I think it's great that the kids are outside screwing around, instead of inside with their eyes glued to video screens.  I just wish the little sh*ts would clean up after themselves; there were water bottles and soda bottles and, yep, beer cans, and empty ammo cannisters all over the place.  I guess they're waiting for their moms to come clean up.  *sigh*  (and GET OFF MY LAWN!  *shakes cane*)

I think this old deer stand has about had it:






The scrub brush is starting to green up:





Soon it will block lovely views like this one, of an abandoned car:



Can you spot the chipmunk in the pic above?  How about now:


There he is:


The entire forest to play in, and he picks the junked-out car.  Go figure.

Another out-of-focus pic of a blooming flower:


Bright and sunny, like I wish the weather was.  Ha.

Let see, the weekend also involved charging up the mower, and using boltcutters, and!  A picker stopped by the house and asked if Mr. Z was for sale! 

Nope, I said.  I can't sell good ol' Mr. Z.

And one more pic of Little Miss Sally, just for you:





Squee at will.



2 comments:

James P. said...

Yeah, squeeing happened.

Why boltcutters?

The "transplanted" daffodils are the best.

rockygrace said...

The boltcutters were for the chain I used for Mr. Z. I had him chained to the porch, not because there's a high crime rate in my neighborhood, but because I figured he would be just too tempting to teenage pranksters. I went to move him this spring to work in the garden and discovered that the lock on the chain had frozen up, so I bought some boltcutters to cut the chain.

He's free! Hopefully he'll stay put.