Monday, April 21, 2014

Saturday, in the park



Saturday I went up to Greenwood.  The sun was warm, but the wind was cold, but at least it wasn't snowing, so all was good.

I had the place practically to myself.  The trees are juuuuuust starting to leaf out.  They take their sweet time in this neck of the woods - we won't have really green hillsides for another month.  Here's a shot looking at the beach/picnic area of the park - empty of people:



Here is a bog that the beavers dammed up.  You can see the dam, right up front:


They decided to double-team this tree:






Look! Frog eggs!:






Can you spot the salamanders in this pic?:




SOMEbody forgot their sneakers:




It was actually kind of ominous, seeing those sneakers by the shore.   But they weren't dragging the lake with sheriff's boats or anything, so I'm assuming ... somebody just got ... tired of their sneakers?  Yeah, I got nothin'.  The Mystery of the Sneakers.

At least the moss is nice and green:




Many years ago, the former owners of the land planted pine trees.  Lots and lots and LOTS of pine trees, which continue to reach for the sky.




Pretty pines.  Pretty day.

6 comments:

James P. said...

Thanks for posting these. My husband just gobbles these pictures up since he can't go hiking/exploring anymore. (My personal favorite is still the teeny fish nibbling on your white tennis shoes.)

rockygrace said...

Ginny, I'm glad your husband enjoys them. I'll be putting up more, now that the weather is warmer and I'll be hiking more. I'll have some up of Salt Springs later today. (hopefully)

James P. said...

As much as your readers love these photos, my "mom" thing kicks in each time: Are you safe going on these jaunts alone????

rockygrace said...

No worries, Ginny. I'm as safe as I'd be walking down the street. I also carry a cell, and a whistle, just in case.

James P. said...

(Mom reaction: "Humph" followed by low growling sound.) Maybe you could carry a good whoppin' stick too.

rockygrace said...

Well, heck, Ginny, maybe I should just pack some heat and be done with it. :)