Friday, April 18, 2014

Freaky Friday: Garage Art



Yes, it's the return of Freaky Friday!   The occasional series where I take pics of the weird sh*t around my house and show it to you!  I haven't done it for a while, mainly because I kept forgetting to take more pics, but also because when you live with this stuff every day, it starts looking normal to you. 

But!  Let's do some Freaky, shall we?  Here is some of the "art" that I have hanging in my garage, because when you run out of space in the house, it's the next obvious choice.

 I picked up this painting (actually, two:  I bought this piece and another, similar one) at the Thrifty Shopper a while back.  I really like it; it reminds me of the Highwaymen painters of Florida.




p.s.  Ignore the lovely fiberglass insulation walls.  I do plan on finishing the garage, someday.  Maybe.  When hell freezes over, actually, because WHO CARES WHAT THE GARAGE WALLS LOOK LIKE?  Slap some art up and call it good.

Ahem.

I am sure this next one is a reproduction of a famous painting; I just don't know which one.  Anyone care to inform me?  Anyway, I bought it because I liked the over-the-top frame:



And here is a lovely mermaid I picked up in the junk bin at the Sal.  She hangs over the washer and dryer.


So there you go.  The garage gallery.  Happy Freaky Friday!




2 comments:

fmcgmccllc said...

I am stunned both by the art and the venue. Well done for freakiness.

rockygrace said...

Whoa ... don't know if I've ever managed to stun anyone before. :)