Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's a better man than me who can resist the fifty-percent-off sale at the Thrifty Shopper



Yeah, whenever I get the email notification, I basically have to go.  The Thrifty Shopper is a better class of thrift store, don't ya know.

I wasn't able to get there until Day Two, but I was still able to score some cool stuff.

I LOVE this dress:


It's just so ... odd.  Like me.  Ha.

And yes, I hung my clothes off the scrubby brushes out back for these photos.  Doesn't everybody?  Believe it or not, those are lilac trees.  A month from now, they'll be gorgeous.  Right now?  Bare branches with buds.  Post-winter around here looks like post-apocalypse.  It'll green up.

I also picked up this skirt:


I had to have the skirt.  It has fierce tigers on it!




This shirt is Alfred Dunner, which, shhhhh, don't rat me out,  because ninety-nine percent of what Alfred Dunner puts out are abominations on the Grandma-level, but I thought this particular shirt was cute:



That's where I'd like to be right now.  On a patio overlooking the ocean.  Someplace warm and sunny.


A look into my closet, and my dressers, and the spare room closet, and the spare room dresser (I KNOW) has led me to conclude, a little late to the game,  that I now have all the clothes I will ever need and thus no longer need to buy any more. 

Until the next Thrifty Shopper sale, anyway.




3 comments:

~~Silk said...

That dress is LINED! It looks pure late '60s, early '70s. I loved the cuts, shapes, colors, and comfort of that era.


By the way, anyone else reading this, you MUST click on the photos to enlarge them so you can see the print on the skirt and the scenery on the shirt.

James P. said...

Love the dress too. Hate you for being able to wear it. Humph.......Ginny

rockygrace said...

~~Silk, yep, lined AND washable. I won't buy anything that's dry-clean only. Well, sometimes I do, and throw it into the washer just to see if it makes it.

and Ginny, don't be a hater. :) I owe my ability to wear that dress to my chronic c-diff, so, well ...