Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Salt Springs, baybee



Okay, first off:  Trigger alert.  This post contains a photo of a .... snaaaaaaaaaaaake!

It keels me how people get all funky over snake pics.  And certain words.  Someday I'm gonna do a "trigger post" and it's going to be 100% pics of snakes and spiders and clowns, interspersed with words like "panties" and "tinfoil" and "damp".

Did I just run everybody off?  OOPS.

So!  Back to the regularly scheduled post.

Sunday, I went to Salt Springs.  It was a little bit warmer than on Saturday, which made for a nice walk.  A strenuous walk, actually, which I can now feel in my legs, two days later.  Am old.

The park is full of farmers' stone walls:


The Fern Forest is still mostly brown.  A month from now, it'll be crazy-green and beautiful - I'll have to remember to go back and take an "after" pic:


At least the skunk cabbage is green:


I have no idea why they call it skunk cabbage.  It doesn't smell skunky - not even when you crush the leaves.  Maybe skunks like to eat it?  I dunno.

Look!  Flowers:



Yeah, I know that pic is blurry.  But I had to take a picture of the first flowers of spring!

And I felt like belting out THE HILLS ARE ALIIIIIIIVE and spinning around in circles when I got to this field:



Well, no, they're not alive right NOW, but give it a month ... That's spring around here.  The promise of what will be, if we can just display a little patience, for Pete's sake.  Sheesh.

Look!  A snaaaaaaake!


Here is where I presume a bird met its demise.  Can you spot the feathers?:



There's still ice on the walls of the gorge:





But the falls are flowing:


And warm weather is just around the corner. I hope.

3 comments:

~~Silk said...

Joy!

James P. said...

Pretty snake picture.....and the others too! Did you have to tote the baby snakes out of your garage again this spring?

rockygrace said...

No snake babies yet!