Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The door guy is here! The door guy is here!




When the contractor called last night and said he could come over today to install the door, I was all, "OH YEAH!"  Such! Excitement!

Here is the old door:


Other than the cool,  cool spyhole, the door is just meh.  I like the natural wood finish,  but I need more light in the living room.

Here's the door from the outside:






It's not exactly ... welcoming, is it?  It's more ... "Halt!  Who goes there?"

So now the old door is gone:


Coming soon:  New door!

And oh!  In other neighborhood news, my crazy-a** neighbors are resealing their driveway AGAIN.  When I saw L.  pulling their car over into the park this morning,  I was all ... naaaaw.  Can't be.  But then I asked her, and yep!  They're having their driveway re-done for the third time in three years.  Ohhh-kay, peeps.  Just DON'T ASK TO PARK IN  MY DRIVEWAY THIS TIME.  Sheesh.





2 comments:

Birdie said...

I understand your excitement! We are getting a new sliding door in. The one we have now is about to fall off the wall.

rockygrace said...

Birdie, you could put some pics of the new door on your blog. We could start a meme or something - "Show us your door!"