Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yet another hare-brained scheme



Do you ever see something that at first you think is kind of cute, but after a while it starts to grate on your nerves?  Kind of like those Anne Geddes photos of babies - the first couple that I saw, I was like, "Oh, so cuuuuuuuuute!," but after the millionth one, I was, like, "okay, that's just creepy.  Get the kid out of the flowerpot."

Right now what's bothering me are those family car window decals - you know, the stick figure ones?  When they were just stick figures, I was kind of okay with it, other than that it's letting potential pedophiles know exACTly how many kids you've got in that minivan and, therefore, the odds of being able to snatch one out of the herd without mom noticing.

But then they started to get a little fancier - Mom with a briefcase, Son with a soccer ball - and then, of course, the zombies came and ruined everything.

But now that I am evidently about to start fostering again (I KNOW), I was thinking of doing family decals of my own.  Stick-figure me, and my three stick-figure cats, and then one stick-figure each for the cats I have fostered.  I figure I can fill up the entire back window AND some of the sides.  Leaving room to see out, of course.  Safety first!*

Well, my dear religious neighbors will probably like it better than the Darwin-fish-with-legs bumper sticker, at least.  I'm just trying to be considerate, here.



*Ha.  Speaking of car safety, ask me about the shattered seat belt clasp that I shoved under the back seat.  On second thought, don't ask. 



6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

OMG.. they have zombie stickers?? I have someone who NEEDS a zombie family!! *goes to google to see if I can find some*

Holly said...

YES. DO THIS.

Nance said...

I am so with you on this. The family stickers irritate me almost as much as the proliferation of the enormous ribbon magnets that now stand for virtually every cause imaginable.

Not too terribly long ago--okay, it was ages ago--I was perturbed by the parade of teddy bears for the Grateful Dead. (That's what it was for, right?) Then it was all the I HEART My_____ stickers.

I really like the Darwin fish.

rockygrace said...

So I'm too cheap to actually BUY the decals, so I thought I could use a white grease pencil to draw the figures on the window. But all I could find in the stores around here were black grease pencils, so I thought I'd have to go to ebay or something when - *ding!* - epiphany - I'll draw 'em on with a white crayon.

Hopefully stick-figure drawing is not beyond me ...

~~Silk said...

I saw one the other day - a stick family being eaten by a T-Rex.

rockygrace said...

I like that one, ~~Silk!

The crayon didn't work - the wax just didn't show up against the glass. Now I'm thinking liquid white-out ...