Tuesday, August 27, 2013

So, yeah, I was all excited about it until I wasn't




The Million Second Quiz, that is.

I was watching some god-awful show on TV last night when an ad came on for something called the "Million Second Quiz".  I wasn't really paying much attention, as usual, but I did hear the part where you could qualify on line.  Ha!  A way to fill up my lunch break!

So today, on my break, I went on line and qualified for the show.  It's basically a remake of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire", and my butt is STILL smarting from the time I blew it with that one (back when Millionaire was big, I ALMOST made it on the show, but choked when I got a question about "The Godfather", which I'd never read or seen.  Sh*t!).

Wait ... where was I?  Okay, so yeah, Million Second Quiz is multiple choice like Millionaire, and to qualify, you just go on line and sign up, and you can either play against your friends, or have the software randomly match you with someone.

It took about half an hour and nine or so rounds to get enough correct answers to amass enough points to qualify.  Of course, like Millionaire, nine billion OTHER people are qualifying, too (the questions AIN'T THAT HARD) (except for the ones about rappers, I'm kinda screwed there), so in order to up my chances of getting called for the show, I'd have to keep on qualifying.

But!  I got my first qualifier, and filled out all the contact info, and realized that I didn't have a current picture to attach, and that I'd have to *gasp* take a selfie.  Errrrrrr ... I skipped that part, figuring it could wait.  Forever, if possible.

But then!  I got to wondering where the "million seconds" come in, and it turns out that the show lasts for twelve days.  Twelve CONSECUTIVE days, where you're shut in a building in Manhattan and have to keep going head to head against other contestants, dueling it out over and over until it gets narrowed down to the final four.

Ummmmmm ... twelve DAYS?


Yeah ... no ... that doesn't sound like so much fun.  Even the free trip to NYC wouldn't be any biggo for me, seeing as how I could get in my car and DRIVE there in four hours.  And the whole thing just sounds kind of ... grueling.  Kind of Long Walk-ish.

I mean, of course, I could just go, and tank out whenever I got tired of it, but I'm pretty sure the producers will come down pretty hard on somebody trying to do that, and ... meh.  I dunno.  And I STILL haven't read or seen The Godfather, so there's that.

In the end, I'll probably keep qualifying.  It IS kind of fun, even if it is a massive time-suck. 

And I need to avenge my Millionaire blowage, dammit!








No comments: