Friday, May 24, 2013

Remember Petey?



First off, I did call my doctor's office this morning.  I thought it might be wise to get checked out, because a week-and-a-half of the runs is a little extreme even by my standards, and I wanted to make sure I'm not, like, dying of dysentery I contracted on the Oregon Trail or something. 

So!  I talked to the nurse, who explained that, unfortunately, there is a particularly virulent viral strain of Yuck currently working its way through the area's intestinal tracts.  She advised me to keep hydrated, and to call back immediately if I got the dizzies or started hurling; she said that otherwise, the Yuck should be leaving its temporary home in me within the next few days.

So.  There.  I called the doctor's office.  Now I just tough it out.  Pass the Immodium, please!

I had actually started to feel a little better, the last couple of days, until four o'clock this morning, that is, when everything went right back to hell in a handbasket, thus prompting the doctor call this morning.  *sigh*


Okay! And, one more thing, before we get to the main thing:  My spellcheck has gone missing.  Just up and disappeared off the toolbar. So, if things are a little more confusing and grammatically screwed around here than usual, talk to Blogger about it.  I mean, yeah, sure, I could copy and paste into another format to spell check, but ain't nobody got time for that sh*t around here.  Sorry.




Now!  On to the big news!

Remember Petey?  Petey, the cat who tried to chew my hand off?  Well, here's what his new owners have to say:

"Hans Thomas we named him. Absolutely adore him. He is very comfortable in his space right now and approaches us. Almost able to pet him. Rotisserie chicken has opened new doors. Thank you so much for saving this guy. Loves his ping pong ball. Plan to expand his whole territory to the whole house this weekend. Will send some pictures soon."

I think these people get the "Adopter of the Year" award.  I don't care if it's only May.


3 comments:

James P. said...

Was afraid they were going to say Petey was kissing their hands affectionately. Think they all three may be from another planet.

Really sorry about the Yuck and the spellcheck, in that order. Not getting dehydrated is the main thing. We understand why you didn't want to jump into disgusting medical tests for that sort of problem. (Why does someone like you who has graduated sixth grade [Jethro Bodine expression] need spellcheck anyway?)

Domestic Kate said...

That sounds like what I had a couple years ago. It made its rounds in this area and I got hit. When I told my doc I was getting weak, he suggested Pepto. I like Pepto because it's not SO strong. I still feel like I'm getting out the bad stuff, but it lessens the discomfort. Also, it's easier to tell when the virus is finished.

If this helps, I got into a routine like this (TMI warning) for about several days until I felt better:

1. Wake up, eat, poo, take Pepto, no poo for several hours
2. Eat normally during the day
3. After dinner, poo, take Pepto again before going to bed

(all while trying to eat fairly non-threatening foods)

Feel better soon!

rockygrace said...

Guys, wait until you hear the continuation of this little saga ...